Hello, I’m Chris Johnston and I want to thank you for visiting my website. I shoot all types of photography but my passion is shooting outdoors in natural light.
I’m happiest in the outdoors with a camera in my hands. I’ve spent the better part of my adult life in some way involved with wildlife and nature. Here is a list of some of the things I’ve done.
- 4 years volunteering at the LA Nature Center doing wildlife rehabilitation
- 8 years volunteering at the Audubon Zoo doing everything from wild bird rehabilitation to wildlife shows to working in the Louisiana Swamp Exhibit.
- Assisted on a pilot project between the National Park Service and Amtrak to develop and perform interpretive talks with train passengers on trips between New Orleans and Lafayette.
- Worked one summer in Wyoming as field assistant with a vertebrate paleontologist.
- Focused on environmental journalism while pursuing my masters degree
- Certified Louisiana Master Naturalist (graduate Spring 2015 class, Donald Muir Bradburn Award winner, board member)
- Fellow in the Loyola Institute for Environmental Communication (2016 Class)
I shoot with Canon, edit with Lightroom and Photoshop, and a Wacom Tablet.